Below is information that will help to make your experience at Sharp Farm a positive one. Please read carefully.
Please make sure bus drivers or individual drivers have accurate directions to our farm. We have directions on our website, or if using GPS or a navigation service, Sharp Farm is located at 4003 Jennings Chapel Rd, Brookeville, MD 20833.
If you arrive by bus, you will be greeted in the driveway by a Sharp Farm staff member. Payment must be made prior to the tour.
If arriving in cars you will be directed to the parking area. Once parked the group leader should check in at the registration desk located by the driveway. An area will be designated where your group can gather until you are ready to begin your program.
If you are coming as an individual family, please check in at the large red barn 10 minutes prior to the time of the program. Parents and children pay the full field trip fee.
PLEASE HAVE READY THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AT THE TIME OF CHECK IN:
- An accurate count of children, parent/chaperones, and teachers. Know how many teachers are taking free admission or if they want the gift basket. Please review teacher policy.
- The proper payment for the number of people attending. We accept cash, checks, or credit card (and Head Start vouchers for school groups).
- We prefer one payment for the entire group but if you must have some paying separately, they will be immediately asked to go to the barn, where our country store is located, and make payment prior to joining the group. Whenever possible, have one person collect all the money in advance and make one payment at the registration desk. This ensures that your entire group will begin the program together and on time.
- Groups coming with a voucher must have the “Admission Authorization Form” with the top section completed.
- All groups will be given a receipt that they can bring back to school for their records.
We have hand washing stations available with soap and water. (You can always bring your hand sanitizer!)
We have several spot-a-pots available for your use.
We encourage you to plan on bringing a bag lunch and enjoy picnicking beside our pond. There are limited picnic tables so we encourage you to have some of the parent chaperones bring blankets for the children to sit on. (We do sell juices, water and snacks in our country store.)
We have no means to dispose of trash so we ask that you take your trash home with you. We have trash bags available if you should need them. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
Make sure the children are dressed properly. If we have had a lot of rain, make sure the children wear appropriate shoes or boots. Have them dress appropriately for the weather at the time of your tour! Sunscreen is also recommended. Review any special needs for the Ponds, Puddles, and Creeks tour.
If rain is in the forecast for the day of your tour, or if it should be raining the day of your tour, you can make the decision to reschedule. Our tours are given rain or shine but the decision to come or to reschedule is yours. Please let us know as soon as possible what your plans are so our tour guides do not prepare needlessly for your visit.